Opportunity: Women’s Health News Writer (Freelance) – Part Time, Remote
Organization: Accelerate Change
Location: This is a remote opportunity for an individual based anywhere in the US
Accelerate Change is seeking part-time, remote freelance news writers to create original news stories focused on women’s health, wellness, and sexuality.
Here’s what you could expect to do as a Women’s Health News Writer (Freelance):
- Pitching, researching, writing, and editing 3-5 short original news articles per week in the areas of women’s health, wellness, and sexuality, with a journalistic tone and style
- Submitting at least one open source image per article (sources provided)
- Ensuring all work is well-researched and factual and all citations are complete, thorough, and accurate
- Participating in pre-arranged phone or video meetings, as needed (Monday through Friday, during normal business hours)
- Completing other optional writing projects, as needed, such as updating existing content, editing, translating, etc.
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social justice. Accelerate Change is a mission-driven organization focused on progressive social change and social justice, with a focus on communities of color. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- Journalism experience in digital media environment. You’ve previously covered women’s health topics in written news stories for other digital media companies, and you know how to efficiently research and write high-quality news stories with a journalistic tone.
- Strong virtual communication. You have availability to communicate with our staff as needed via email and Slack and participate in pre-arranged phone or video meetings each week (Monday through Friday, during normal business hours).
This is a part-time, 3-month contract role with the potential to renew. The following rates apply: $.40/word: Pitching, researching, writing, and editing 3 to 5, 300- to 500-word original news articles per week $30 per hour: Participating in pre-arranged phone or video meetings and/or completing other optional writing-related projects, as needed
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/2Oz78Xy.