The Central Texas Food Bank is working hard to close the hunger gap and we want you to join us! Our mission is “to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger”. We are accomplishing this not only with our amazing programing and fundraising events, but by hiring motivated, mission driven employees who have the drive to end hunger.
The Central Texas Food Bank (CTFB) is looking for a dynamic Partnership Specialist to join the Partner Services Team in our Programs Department. The primary objectives of this position are to identify and pursue opportunities for collaboration with key community organizations, enhance and maintain the prospective partner process, and to identify CTFB service outreach opportunities within our 21 county service territory. Reporting to the Partner Services Manager, this role serves as a resource and support across the broader CTFB Programs Department.
As Partner Services Specialist, you will:
- Coordinate the partnership interest process including reviewing and screening interest forms, providing timely communication with prospective partners, conducting initial screenings, and connecting organizations that are a fit for partnership with appropriate managers and teams across the Programs Department.
- Maintain and enrich the prospective partner process to give prospective partners a respectful experience and to ensure they are fully aware of program requirements and priorities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current partners, program and project requirements, and the needs of CTFB Program Departments.
- Assist in tracking CTFB’s broader community engagement efforts in local initiatives, collaborations, and hunger coalitions.
- Facilitate student requests for information, data, staff interviews, group projects, etc. and ensure they are connected internally to the appropriate CTFB staff and teams.
- Ensure prospective partner process and data is recorded and maintained in Salesforce; report on prospective partnership metrics on routine intervals.
- Coordinate Programs Team presence at community events, classes and other opportunities focused on informing and promoting CTFB services to our Central Texas neighbors.
- Assist with special partnership requests from across the CTFB service area, including tracking, communication externally and internally, providing operational support, and gathering partnership feedback.
- Facilitate outreach to organizations that can help promote our services to specific client populations.
- Serve as a key member of the Partner Services Team, actively coordinating with team members to ensure a high level of service to both the internal CTFB Programs Teams and CTFB Partners, Programs and Neighbors across the community.
You are a great candidate if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Communications, or related field and 2+ years of paid full-time work experience, or 4+ years of relevant full-time work experience, ideally in relationship management, community engagement, or a related field.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence, political astuteness, diplomacy and relationship building skills
- Good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Ability to interact effectively in the community and at multiple levels within organizations, especially those serving culturally and economically diverse clientele.
- A passion for our mission and a desire to be a connector for the caring individuals, groups, companies and organizations looking to get involved with the Food Bank’s mission – attentiveness to community partners’ interests and motivations as well as the ability to diplomatically communicate the Food Bank’s requirements and needs so that partnerships can be as impactful as possible.
- An understanding of and value equity as an organizational operating principle and are committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of racial justice, social equity and systemic racism; sensitivity to issues and concerns of communities of color and other diverse groups.
- Experience providing superior customer service to a large volume of stakeholders.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects under aggressive timelines. Creative problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly and adapt to shifting constraints and requirements.
- An adaptive and learning mindset towards using numerous data tracking systems.
- A valid state issued driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with either a traditional constituent relationship management system or a client data tracking tool, Salesforce in particular.
- Past experience working with organizations within the Feeding America network of food banks
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience with food distribution programs and/or other program development and implementation
- Knowledge of federal food programs
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motor equipment.
- Conditions may include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
The Food Bank’s Programs Team is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming experience for all community members who want to be involved with our hunger-fighting mission. People who have experienced food insecurity or economic hardship and those from backgrounds underrepresented in nonprofit programming are strongly encouraged to apply.
$21/hour – $23/hour