Organization: Hill Country Community Ministries
General job description:
The Food Access Manager builds food security in Williamson County, especially through HCCM’s Food Pantry and Fresh Food For All. They are responsible for the safe, effective, and equitable storage and distribution of food resources to thousands in Williamson and northwest Travis counties. They are responsible for staffing and training volunteers to process and distribute fresh produce. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a familiarity with the state of hunger and health in Central Texas, especially HCCM’s service area. This is a physically active, public-facing role providing a mix of high-level program development, behind-the-scenes preparation, and direct client service.
Major duties and responsibilites:
• Evaluate data to build food security throughout Central Texas, especially Williamson and northwest Travis County. Analyze data from Census Bureau, Williamson County and Cities Health District, and other resources on underserved areas to inform program expansion.
• Run 12+ monthly Fresh Food for All produce distributions, including planning food allotments and collecting client data. Recruit, train, and manage volunteers for preparation and execution of fresh produce distributions.
• Manage HCCM’s inventory of fresh fruits and vegetables, including ordering and distribution, through all its food programs. Direct volunteers in truck unloading and storage of inventory.
• Maintain and update Fresh Food For All Tracking spreadsheet. Provide accurate client and volunteer data to Director of Operations at the end of each month. Survey Fresh Food For All clientele at least once annually.
• Design, disseminate, translate, and update Fresh Food For All marketing information, including the Fresh Food For All Google site and on HCCM’s Facebook. Update HCCM’s Facebook regularly with new content.
• Collaborate with other food pantries and social service agencies to build capacity and offer more resources to food insecure populations, especially at Fresh Food For All distributions.
• Programmatic grants management, including searching, writing, submission, reporting as directed by the Executive Director.
• Schedule and supervise Program Associate to ensure adequate support for Fresh Food For All distributions and HCCM’s Food Pantry.
• Weekly ordering from Central Texas Food Bank; regular ordering from Mr. Greens and HEB.
Minor duties and responsibilities:
• Assist Spanish-speaking clientele at HCCM
• Translate HCCM forms and signage into Spanish
• Operate program according to CTFB and HCCM policy. Maintain temperature log.
• Assist with weekly retail donation tracking, especially entering on MealConnect
• Schedule and facilitate volunteer groups and special projects
• Provide assistance for HCCM events, fundraisers, and special projects
• Coordinate additional offerings at Fresh Food For All distributions including voter registration, health screenings, edible plants, and more
• Monitor truck performance. Monitor truck maintenance and registration needs with Administrative Assistant
• Support Director of Operations with logistics, volunteers, facility maintenance, and vehicle upkeep
• Support Director of Community Engagement and Executive Director with events and presentations
Qualifications for the job:
Bilingual English and Spanish
2+ years program management experience
Experience in volunteer management and training
Valid Food Managers certificate (or ability to earn within 1 month of start)
Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
Experience driving box trucks up to 16 feet
Ability to develop, implement, and update policies and procedures
Organizing and delegating
Conversational or better in Spanish
Microsoft applications, social media
Pay range (if available):
Send resume and cover letter to Tiesa Hollaway, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org