Austin Community College is recruiting an Officer, Resource Development to write and submit grants and perform other grant development activities including resource development, research, and editing.
More information on this position here
- Coordinates the grant development process from research and concept development through proposal submission to the funding agency; coordinates all related activities including creating production calendars and timelines, identification of key activities, scheduling stakeholder meetings, developing agendas, and producing weekly progress reports.
- Performs technical, analytical, and related tasks for the collection, interpretation, aggregation, and evaluation of data; incorporates data into proposals.
- Researches grant and resource opportunities through electronic and printed materials; makes referrals for departmental consideration and collaboration.
- Provides requested information and guidance to relevant college personnel involved in grant development.
- Assists with identifying college personnel involved in grant development projects; coordinates due date, timeline, and other development and grant submission workflow.
- Provides assistance with training workshops as required.
- Participates in technical training provided by funding agencies and stays informed of changing grant standards and guidelines.
- Researches, interprets, writes and edits other college documents as assigned, such as business plans and award nominations.
- Writes, creates and gives presentations about the college, proposals, projects and fundraising to internal and external groups.
- Grant development processes.
- Standards and proposal guidelines for grant writing.
- Grant submission criteria.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Writing and submitting successful grants.
- Coordinating all phases of grant development processes.
- Researching grant and resource opportunities.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.