How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are an integral part of recruiting and hiring operations, end-to-end process documentation, and system administration. You provide administrative assistance to the Talent Acquisition practice and people teams. You will be at the front line for candidate and employee support, ensuring a seamless and positive experience. This is a full-time, non-exempt role based out of the Association Offices.
What are the details?
Human Capital Administration
- Perform data entry into HRIS to maintain changes with appropriate paperwork.
- Ensure all processes with the new hire, transfer, and termination transactions are accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain procedures and paperwork for documenting and tracking personnel transactions.
- Uphold the security, confidentiality, and compliance of employee documents and data.
- Manage job requisitions by maintaining external and internal postings on the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), school, and job board sites, removing and refreshing as needed.
- Own the pre-employment and new hire processing by ensuring legal and organizational compliance.
- Perform process-related onboarding and off-boarding tasks.
- Assist in the management of the employee referral program, providing communication, tracking, and bonus payout.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Serve as the main point of contact for candidates throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
- Manage general phone calls and queries regarding open positions and the hiring process.
- Assist with onboarding and new hire orientation sessions (e.g. preparing the necessary paperwork and scheduling trainings).
- Assist with the development and management of candidate pipelines for hard to fill roles.
- Assist with DEI Recruitment strategies.
- Help organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events.
- Partner cross-functionally with multiple departments and people teams related to all things talent acquisition.
- Lead by example the Y’s mission, vision, and values with candidates, new hires, and people teams.
- Become an Ambassador of the Y’s work and culture with internally and externally stakeholders, by being the ultimate storyteller of who we are as an organization and brand.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
Education & Experience: Pursuing or has a Bachelor’s degree in human capital (HR), business management, or equivalent professional experience. Preferred experience in recruiting or human capital (HR)
Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can effectively tailor your communication to the appropriate audience.
Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them promptly
Innovative: You embrace new approaches and creative thinking to assess and implement effective processes related to employee, operational, and organizational performance.
Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve the organization’s functional capacity.
Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our Cause
Sense of humor: You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment
Inclusion: You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pay range (if available): $16.00 per hour
Apply online at https://austinymca.applytojob.com/apply/QgXqhO46o1/Talent-Acquisition-Specialist?source=ynpn