How you will contribute to our purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
We are looking for a highly motivated Staffing Coordinator to join our EAC Y Team! As a Staffing Coordinator, you will review, screen, interview, and hire eligible candidates for the part-time youth development roles as needed by the EAC Y Branch. This is a full-time, exempt position.
What are the details?
The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of tasks associated with the facilitation of the part-time staff hiring process for the EAC Y Branch.
- In coordination with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and Office Manager, uses vacancy information to make hiring offers/decisions for Part-Time roles
- Reviews, screens, and invites candidates to Virtual Group Interviews (VGI) or individual interviews
- Supports Program Directors with interviews through set up, coordination, and conducting interviews.
- Schedules process for onboarding; managing the background and reference check process.
- Completes required paperwork for new hire onboardng through document review.
- Ensures proper communication throughout the onboarding process across departments.
- Tracks new hire status in the pipeline (from posting to onboarding to placement)
- Supports staff engagement and appreciation efforts
- Produces complete, timely, and accurate personnel reports
- Creates and manages staff files including licensing requirements
- Tracks and supports licensing needs in coordination with supervisors and training department
- Supports record management for EACY, assists with unemployment requests, and verifications of employment
- Maintains an accurate active staff list (Auditing and reporting updates to supervisors for HRIS changes, updating contact information in the staffing matrix, reporting on active staff contact information, submits termination PAFs in HRIS)
- Assists Program Directors with proper scheduling and staffing through management of the Staffing Matrix
- Ensures all people-related asks from the Association are implemented/completed at the Branch
- Completes other duties as assigned
What you bring:
Education & Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in human capital (HR), business management, or equivalent.
Excellent Customer Service: You listen for understanding and meaning; use a methodical approach to problem-solving; speak and write effectively and can effectively tailor your communication to the appropriate audience
Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner. You operate well in a deadline-driven environment.
Strong Critical Thinker: You have the ability to objectively identify, analyze and develop solutions.
Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve
Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our organization and departmental goals
Sense of humor: You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pay range (if available):
$16.00 per hour
Apply online at https://austinymca.applytojob.com/apply/ENCFcP512F/Staffing-Coordinator?source=ynpn