About Todos Juntos:
Todos Juntos Learning Center is a dual-generation learning center that serves Central Texas’ immigrant and refugee communities. Todos Juntos, which means “Everybody Together,” is the foundation for our future. Through our model, we work with children and parents simultaneously, building them up together, to create meaningful learning experiences and opportunities for the whole family.
Todos Juntos Learning Center is seeking to hire its first Program Director to lead the growth and expansion of our dual-generation programs. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced (and fun!) environment, juggles multiple tasks with ease, learns quickly, writes well, and excels at helping people solve problems.
Primary Purpose/Function of Position:
The Todos Juntos Programs Director oversees the coordination and administration of programs that support the Todos Juntos mission. This Todos Juntos team member will initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization, including planning the programs’ deadlines, milestones and processes, developing budgets and overseeing operations as related to programming.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will lead a team of six, with the expectation of growing the team significantly over the next year. The Executive Director, Operations Director, and Programs Director will serve as the Senior Management Team of Todos Juntos Learning Center.
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of Todos Juntos Learning Center’s programs including the following:
● Overseeing planning, implementation, and evaluation of all Todos Juntos programs, including Adult ESL; Early Childhood Ed; Mamí & Me; and Saludables Juntos.
● Establishing measurement strategies to determine the effectiveness of existing programs and providing feedback to the Executive Director and other key stakeholders, as needed;
● Creating and submitting program reporting, renewal or supporting documentation required by funding sources to maintain or develop approved program activities;
● Collaborating with the Operations Director to ensure all programs have what they need to run effectively and efficiently;
● Completing assessment of client needs utilizing collected data, surveys, and focus groups to determine the most critical and unmet needs of clients;
● Collaborating with other agencies to strengthen and expand partnerships for the purpose of addressing families’ needs, promoting new and existing programs, and securing funding;
● Managing the programs’ fiscal operations, including budget development and authorization of expenditures;
● Monitoring the financial stability of all programs and works closely with the Executive Director and Development Director to discuss budget realignments and/or alternative funding sources;
● Securing and maintaining child care licensing;
● Establishing policies, procedures, and safety guidelines for facilitating programs to ensure they are operating in compliance with government and funding regulations and guidelines;
● Monitoring trends, legislation and regulations that are relevant to the programs’ missions and making program and advocacy recommendations to the Executive Director, Program Committee, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders;
Staff Management and Development:
● Recruiting, hiring, and training staff to meet the established outcomes of the department;
● Leading and supervising of staff members to ensure they are performing in a manner that accomplishes the goals of the programs and the mission of Todos Juntos;
● Providing written evaluation of existing programs to staff at the completion of a program or periodically throughout the program;
● Acting as a resource and support for program staff in handling client issues and concerns;
● Developing and implementing regular staff development; and
● Preparing and conducting semi-annual performance plans and reviews with assigned staff.
● Experience working with immigrant and refugee communities
● Prior management experience
● Experience navigating the Central Texas Social Services Sector
● Fully bilingual in Spanish required, Burmese highly desirable
● Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations that govern the administration of agency programs
● Valid Texas driver’s license
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
● Certified Child-Care Professional credential with at least two years of experience in a licensed child-care center
● Bachelor degree in Social Work or closely related field.
● 5 years’ experience managing programs in the social services’ industry
● Knowledge of community partners
● Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
● Ability to work independently while functioning effectively as a member of a larger team
● Willingness to complete 20 hours of continuing education per year
● M-Th with flexible Fridays.
● Hours M-Th, 8 am- 5 pm with flexible Fridays when possible.
● Reliable transportation.
Full-time employee. 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday. 8 to 5 pm. Flexible hours when available.
409 West Ben White, Austin, TX 78704 and/or remotely as approved by the Executive Director.
Pay range (if available):
$50,000-$55,000 per year
Visit todosjuntoslc.org for more info, and email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com