Organization: Austin Community Foundation
Austin Community Foundation is the catalyst for generosity in Austin. The Foundation brings together philanthropists, dollars and ideas to shape Austin’s future. As a trusted local partner, ACF stewards approximately $350 million in assets in more than 1,300 charitable funds. The work and leadership of Austin Community Foundation is focused on closing the opportunity gap through advancing economic security and affordable housing, pooled resources and data-driven grantmaking. Since its creation in 1977, the Foundation has granted more than $400 million to nonprofits across Central Texas and beyond.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications to implement a communications strategy that promotes, enhances and protects the Foundation’s brand. The Communications Department is charged with developing communication strategies and telling the Foundation’s unique story to key audiences in Central Texas in order to further the Foundation’s goals.
The Foundation’s physical office closed in March 2020 due to the COVID‐19 pandemic. Employees currently work remotely as office reopening plans are established. Upon reopening, this role will be primarily based in the office.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a vital team member in increasing awareness and relevance of the Foundation in Central Texas. The position plays a primary role in planning and producing high-quality, integrated content across multiple channels.
– Assist in the development of Communications Department goals and strategies.
– Help manage the Foundation’s editorial calendar.
Content Creation/Graphic Design
– Source, write, and design content for a variety of communication channels including website, blog, marketing collateral, emails, social media, presentations, advertisements, and other deliverables.
– Manage and maintain all creative assets, including logos, artwork and other content.
– Work with Foundation’s creative agency and other marketing vendors on special projects.
– Maintain photo and video catalogue; provide some photography and videography.
– Manage and maintain branded stationary supplies and promotional items; source new items as needed.
– Manage the Foundation’s website (austincf.org and microsites).
– Lead and execute the social media strategy for the Foundation, including content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
– Develop content and manage schedule of the Foundation’s email marketing campaigns, including important announcements, e-newsletters, event invitations and other communications.
– Collect and analyze monthly marketing metrics, including website analytics and SEO, social media data and email marketing performance.
– Collaborate with other departments and vendors to support in-person and virtual event experiences in line with the Foundation’s brand.
– Create event communication deliverables such as invitations, signage, programs, etc., as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to be general, is expected to evolve over time, and will be reviewed periodically and updated as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
– Two to five years related experience required.
– Nonprofit experience a plus.
Training requirements (licenses, programs or certificates)
– None required.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Ability to write clearly with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Digitally savvy – a natural at digital media who loves to experiment with the latest storytelling tools. Experience managing social media for an organization preferred.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite; experience with hosting virtual meetings in Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with WordPress, social media management tools, Constant Contact as well as ability to learn new technology quickly.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO a plus.
• Proficiency with basic photography and video shooting and editing.
• Comfortable managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail.
• Skills in planning, organizing and problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and with teams.
• Ability to thrive in a lean, fast-moving environment where adapting to change is necessary.
• Commitment to serving the Central Texas community and interest in philanthropy and charitable giving.
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and to the organization’s ongoing work to eliminate the opportunity gap in Central Texas.
Work environment and other information
• Currently in a remote-work environment due to the COVID-19 pandemic; staff expected to return to work in a hybrid office setting once office re-opening plan established.
• Minimal travel required.
• Attendance required at occasional after-hours (evening or weekend) events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Collaborative team environment
Opportunity to make Central Texas a better place for everyone
Paid time off
Medical, dental and vision insurance 100% covered for employee
Retirement plan with employer match
Basic life insurance and AD&D
Austin Community Foundation is committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live.
Pay range (if available):
Approximately $50,000 per year.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Deadline: 9 a.m. Monday, June 21, 2021.